Sunday, February 19, 2012

February 19, 2012

My 365...

"Wake up Blake....time to get up...."

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

"The day is wasting...come on son...time to get up..."

Zzzzzzzzzzz.........

This will go on for over an hour.  My precious little boy sleeps like a rock, especially on Sundays.  He knows there is no school until Monday, so he stays up really late on Friday and Saturday nights.  I have to admit, so do I.  It is not unusual for us to play Minecraft or Terraria together until 3:00 or 4:00am on the weekends.  As Blake likes to put it...

"There are new mods to discover!"

Last night we stumbled upon a very cool "Zelda" texture pack for our Terraria world that put an entire new spin on the game.  I have to admit that even this 50 year old mama squealed with joy.  (Yes, I really did just admit that didn't I?)

I am blessed that I am able to share so many random interests with my boys.  I think it is important to love what they love.  It provides hours and hours of "us" time, and that makes me very happy.  It also makes it much easier to understand the language of the creature otherwise known as "pre-adolescent male."   To the untrained "mama" ear it sounds much like the cries of a Howler monkey.  To me it sounds like everyday normal and glorious communication. 

Yes, how many other mamas can proclaim that they know the ins and outs of LOL, thank you Brandon.  Or that they have listened to, and really like, jamming to some Yelawolf, thank you Garrett.  Know all there is to know about Mikhail Kalashnikov, thank you Casey.  And realize there is magic in every little bitty minute particle of existence on the planet, thank you Blake.

My boys and I have "everything" in common.  I can't imagine having it any other way.  :)

My photos of the day....

I wonder what is going on in that precious, beautiful, intelligent and incredibly creative mind of his?
I love to watch him sleep.  He is so peaceful and quiet.  And that my friends is about the ONLY time Blake is quiet.  Although...he does talk in his sleep a lot!  :)


"A new tea pot!"

Actually, my first tea pot.  Garrett and Kori found this little gem in a thrift store yesterday and bought it for me.  I love it!  It is the perfect size.

I can brew some breakfast blend to get me through the morning, some ginger lemon to pour on ice throughout the day, then a nice creamy pot of Yerba Mate Chai before bed.

Thank you Garrett and Kori.  <3  They are always thinking of mama.  :)
"Oh my, what a lovely crystal cup you have there.  Is that...Batman?"
"Why yes it is, everything goes better with...Batman."

*grin*

***Doggy Daily***

"I protest!"

"What are you protesting now little diva?"

"All these late-night shenanigans are keeping me from my beauty rest.  I insist that this behavior stop immediately!"

"Yes your majesty." 

Music I am listening to today...Priscilla Ahn


Random Link of the Day...Magic in photos.

Until next time..."Dance like no one is watching!"  Believe me, I do.  Every single day.

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors