Friday, December 23, 2011

December 23, 2011

My 365...

On this two days before Christmas, I am thinking about my sisters.  There was a time, not too long ago, that we were all the best of friends.  Three sisters who had each other's backs.  Sure we had squabbles as all sisters do, but we never lost sight of the fact that we were sisters.  Born from the same wonderful mom and dad.  Raised in a very close family.  Sharing weekends, holidays, birthdays, all days together. 

Now we have grown apart.  Some would say "worlds" apart, never to be on the same ground again.  "Never" is a long time.  We have grown apart, we have become our own person and sadly in this instance, becoming our own person meant no longer seeing eye to eye, heart to heart. 

I would be lying if I said I did not miss them, or did not care that we are no longer friends.  I do care.  Can I fix this?  Probably not.  Should I fix this?  I would not even know where to begin...

So on this Christmas, I will share a memory...

I remember one Christmas morning we all woke so excited to see what was under the tree.  Mom depended on dad to do the shopping that year, and sadly...he depended on his secretary.  There under the tree were beautifully wrapped gifts for my sisters and I, and we were so excited.  As we began to unwrap the packages, you could hear a pin drop.  Box after box, the contents of which brought a *gasp*, and not one of glee or happiness, but of pure horror. 

In box after box we found the most hideous dresses we had ever seen.  Very tacky, very grandma 70's, very obviously picked out by someone who had no clue of fashion or of us.  Even my mom would not be caught dead in these clothes.  I think back now of that Christmas and I laugh.  Poor daddy, he was so mad at us for not loving what his secretary had picked out for us.  And we were mortified, trying to figure out how to hide our complete disappointment of a Christmas bust! 

I don't remember much of the remainder of that Christmas, but I am sure in true family fashion...we pulled it out of the ashes and had a good day...with family.

To my sisters, Merry Christmas and a prosperous and Happy New Year.  I love you both from the bottom of my heart.  And I wish you both nothing but the best.

Your sister...

V  <3

My photos of the day...

My sisters and I used to exchange a special Hallmark ornament every year.  This was one that I received.

*** Doggy Daily ***
Music I am listening to today...Only 2 days until Christmas!


Random Link of the Day...Tis the Reason for the Season.  (Watch the video, no matter who or what you believe in, the message is great and it will make you laugh.)  :)

Until next time..."A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life." ~Isadora James

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors