Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September 13, 2011

My 365...

I was browsing through Facebook this evening, and I came upon a post from MSNBC regarding an incident that occurred on an airline flight this past Sunday, September 11. I was very bothered by the way the airline and security handled the situation.  Take that back...it did not bother me as much as thoroughly disgust me, and make me feel shame rather than pride to be classified as an American.

While I do understand that in this "post 9/11" world our country has a very heightened sense of security, what I do not understand nor accept is a complete and total lack of respect for the the human race.

As I watched the 9/11 documentaries on Sunday, the overwhelming impression that I got from listening to the survivors and victim's families is that they all had/have a strong sense of humanity.  A respect for life, a respect for other people regardless of race, religion or color, and the desire to make this world a better place.

The comments that I read regarding this news article were nothing short of horrendous, close minded and lame.  Disgusted would be a good adjective to describe the way I felt reading these comments.  Then we wonder why this world has become such a crazy place?

"Come on planet, let's get it together already!"

Stepping off my soap box.  *sigh*  :*(

My photos of the day...

A quick and easy 10 minute dinner.  Literally.  Boil the tortellini, make some nice fresh spicy red sauce, and chop salad.  Done!


*** Doggy Daily ***

I was on my bed reading this evening and Miss Lilly squeezed her little self between me and the pillow to chill for a while.

"Hey mama, what ya doing?"

Music I am listening to today...Anna Nalick

Random link of the day...Miniature art on the tip of a pencil.

Until next time..."Never look back, unless you are planning on going that way."

Peace!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors