Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 9, 2011

My 365...


Saturday, July 09, 2011 1:44 PM'

Bad dreams are just...bad.  Operating on less than five hours of interrupted sleep does not help matters much either.  The dream was so bad I woke expecting the world to be literally crashing down on my head.  I quickly made the "short" rounds of the house to discover that all is well in my space thank God.

I am that sort of person who needs a giant red stop sign on the night stand to remind me to halt my over-clocking brain activity when I enter the bedroom so that I can sleep. I also need a giant combination locker for all things electronic at the entry to my room so that I am not tempted to partake in technology. It is entirely too easy these days to do just that. Afterall one needs to keep up with Youtube favorites while never wandering too far away from Facebook and Twitter feeds, MyOpera and Delphi communities and other various forums.  Now there is Google+..."Run for the hills!"

It all started in 1995 with Delphi Forums of which I am still a proud and active member. I have made many long lasting and true friends via that media who are very dear to me. My first forum was a support forum for the virtual community called WorldsAway, now known as VZones that I joined back during the Compuserve era, then migrated on to various Graphics forums, Dog forums and Mommy forums.  When I was pregnant with Blake I met an incredible circle of moms expecting babies in the same month and year in 2001, and we are still members of that wonderful forum today.  Thank you Mary.  <3  I love them all dearly.

Now there are literally hundreds of possibilities in the social networking world, and that list expands constantly.

My first blog on Opera is still one I go back to and visit weekly, and have recently tried to tie this blog and that blog together.  I was even once honored as a "Spotlighted User" in the Opera communities.  (That was an exciting moment.) I started that blog in 2006, and it was also my first attempt at a 365 daily photo when I joined a 365 network there. My first 365 was an epic fail, but I am proud to say I have not missed a day in the last two years of 365's here!  :)

Now with Delphi, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Google+, Work at Home Moms, Work Place Like Home, MyOpera community, YouTube, Tumbler, Daily Booth and About.com forums ... those are just the sites that I frequent (the tip of the iceberg I am sure) it is a miracle I get any sleep at all!

I am sure there is much more to write on this topic...but another time perhaps, when my brain is functioning at better than a 5% capacity.

My photo of the day...

Technology...my muse.  *sigh*
And an amazing photo taken by Amber the night of the 4th of July fireworks.  Brandon put grandson Cooper down as we gathered all of our things to make the mass exodus from Anne Morrison park with thousands of people.  We circled around him with a wall of "protective" legs and feet.  An adorable picture Amber cleverly titled "Feet", so cute!


*** Doggy Daily ***
"Step away from the technology mama!"

Music I am listening to today, "Absolute Silence!"  No, that is not a band...it is a magical phenomena.

Random link of the day, "Look at you, you're young."

Until next time..."If you need me I will be in space...cyber-space that is."

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors