Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July 13, 2011

My 365...

Sheesh, that was too close for comfort!

We have a huge beautiful tree in the backyard.  Blake's favorite tree because it has a rope swing hanging from one of the highest branches.

Jack was in the backyard this afternoon getting ready to organize the shed when he heard a cracking sound.  Just as he turned, a huge limb from the tree about 15 plus feet up in the air came crashing down!

I can not even begin to guess how much this thing weighs, and it landed right where Blake swings every day.  It was not the branch the swing is attached to, but the largest one next to it.  There is no sign of damage, and the branch feels moist inside not dry or rotted at all.  It is a little windy today, but nothing to cause tree branches to fall.  No one was hurt...thank God!  Why it broke and fell is a mystery to me, but thankfully it fell when no one was standing directly under it!



 As you can see it was one huge branch with many smaller ones attached.  The main branch just behind where Blake is standing is VERY heavy!  I can not even lift it.

Grandson Cooper and I had a nice afternoon together while his mommy and daddy finished the move.
 It was exhausting fun!  :)
 The kids are all moved in now, and are very tired poor dears.  Amber is so sweet that even though this has been a tough few days, she is baking fresh lasagna for dinner.  We can't wait to taste it!

*** Doggy Daily ***

"Mama!  What were you thinking bringing another silly boy dog into my domain?  Have you lost your mind woman?"


Miss Lilly is not too pleased with Rayray thus far.  He is her size, and she is not used to looking nose to nose with any boy dogs in "her" kingdom!  She is rather annoyed with me, but I think she may accept him eventually.  If she does not bite his nose off first!  I am working in the bedroom this evening, and she is next to me under all the blankets.  She will having nothing to do with the other dogs.  Such a diva!

Music I am listening to today...Bill Withers.

Random Link of the Day...Fish can't climb trees.

Until next time..."Beware of big trees making strange sounds..."

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors