Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 8, 2011

My 365...

It is 2:18 in the AM, and I can't sleep at all.  I really do not like insomnia.  So what to do?  Suffer through it by staring into the dark room and hope by some miracle my eyes will get bored and close, or whip out the laptop and jot down some thoughts in my journal.  Perhaps that will eventually send me in the right direction...sleep.

As the end of the school year approaches, I am reviewing my performance as a teaching coach.  Trying to figure out how I did, and where I could improve.  A good teacher always finds room for improvement.  It looks like both Blake and Casey will be home schooled next year after all.  Blake had a change of heart and has decided that he wants to stay in K12 Virtual Academy.  Which is fine.  I want them to have whatever it is that makes them comfortable.  If it is virtual online schooling, then that is what I will provide.

But it has me thinking that maybe it is time for a bigger house.  I would like to have a more closed off room as a dedicated class room for the books, computers and other supplies.  A place that is separate from the living space where there is no distraction.  The classroom we have setup for them now is nice, but it is open to the living room and too easy to get side tracked by TV or video games.

I love this little house we live in.  I love the area of town it is in, I love the hard wood floors and the huge yard for the boys and the dogs, but it is only a three bedroom house.  The boys are growing and will soon want a room of their own too.  So I think I may start house shopping soon to see if we can find something better suited for us.  I do hate moving though.  I really really hate moving.  If we do move I have a list of must haves...no negotiating here.  Hard wood floors with absolutely NO carpet, lots of windows and natural light and huge fenced yard with plenty of trees.  

No stress though I have a few months before school is back in full swing, so there is no huge hurry.  There is also a possibility we could move out of Boise too.  I have been thinking of Oregon or maybe Utah.  I love Boise too though...decisions decisions.  We have some vacation time coming up, I think we will take a tour of both states and see what we find.  It could be an adventure!  After all, life would be mighty boring without adventure.  :)

Being self-employed and working from home, my business moves where I move.  All my work is done remotely anyway.  If we did fall in love with another city, Jack could always put in for a transfer.  We shall see!  It really does not matter where we live as long as we are happy.  I can make this place work for us...or any place for that matter. 

My photo of the day...or shall I say "photos" of the day provided by my brilliant son Casey.  He was up early with me and wanted to crawl on the roof to catch the sunrise over the foothills.  He located a much more interested photo subject!  Case is an amazing photographer just like his older brother.  



Music I am listening to today...Eastmountainsouth.

Until next time...Home is not a place or a destination, home really is where your heart is.  <3


Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors