Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 7, 2011

My 365...

I had a "mom" moment this morning, and it felt great.  It was not an earth shattering experience, or one for the record books, it was simply a moment.  I must hear the word "mom" at least a million times a day.  It is constant, it is usually just when I start to do something, or sit on the sofa to relax, or more often than not just as I close the bathroom door.  The boys always need something at the most inopportune time.

Just before I take a shower I make the rounds throughout the house to see if anyone needs anything before I check out of my mom duties for a hot steamy comforting shower.  I always get the same answer..."no, we are fine."

Sure enough, just as I stepped through the bathroom door and closed it behind me I hear Blake's voice..."mom?"

I might get irritated and shout "what now?", but not this time.  As I heard his voice say that simple little word, "mom", I thought to myself...."yep, that is me!"

Even at 50, 25 years into this motherhood career, hearing the word "mom" makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  I will never take for granted how blessed I am to be a mom.  Good times and bad, disappointing times or proud times, I will always be happy to be a mom.

I opened that bathroom door to see what he needed?

"Oh nothing mom...I forgot what it was.  Love you."

"I love you too Blake."

My photo of the day...
Blake giving me a heart symbol.  :)

Music I am listening to today...Andy Grammer.

Until next time...Life does not have to be filled with monumental occasions...give me the simple things.  I will take a box full of tiny memories to your one EPIC moment.


Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors