Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 30, 2011

My 365...

I had an early morning visit from number one son this morning at 7:00am. He did not sleep well last night with his shoulder pain, and just needed to be around us I think.  I made him lay down, and he is resting well now.  His shoulder is not staying stable enough to heal.  I feel so badly for him.  If only there was a way to cast that area, but I know that is impossible.

My aunt is very old fashioned in her home remedies, and she suggested that I heat olive oil in a pan with Comino (Cumin) seeds.  Once the mixture is nice and warm, use it in an ointment for a few days and he will be all healed!  LOL, sounds tasty, but not so sure it will work on a torn AC ligament.  At this point I am willing to try anything.  She is 92 years old, and healthier than I am so she must know what she is doing!  She learned everything from my grandmother who was a wonderful healer.  Those "Old Ways" can sometimes be quite amazing.  :)

I remember being very young and I had a high fever.  My grandmother broke an egg on my stomach to cure me.  Not sure it cured me...but it sure made a mess! They did believe in a lot of "Yerba Buenas" as they called them.  There was a hot tea mixture for anything that ailed you in my grandmother's cupboard.  What I find fascinating is that now "Yerba" is a very "in" and popular drink. I think my grandmother may have seriously been on to something?

Here is an old picture of "Mama Grande" with my mom and dad before they got married...

She was such an amazing woman.  Did not speak a word of English, so we learned Spanish very young.

She was an amazing mother as well!


This weekend I have plans to go to the Farmer's Market with Amber so we can stock up on some fresh produce, and good healthy dinner fixings.  Amber wants to cook some Cajun food for us this weekend.  I will need to be sure it is Diabetes compatible.  It will be fun shopping and cooking with her.  Amber is an amazing chef, we are lucky to have her in the family!!

I also plan to shop for some good books on managing Diabetes.  The most important thing about dealing with any disease is to be informed.  So far on my list I have....




Those should keep me busy for a while. :)

My photo of the day...

OJ, my new best friend!
Don't leave home without it!  :)

*** Doggy Daily ***

I caught my assistant sleeping on the job again.  I think I may need to fire her!
"Yeah...whateva!  I am laying here trembling in fear...now get lost I am sleeping!"
Such a brat!

Music I am listening to today...Dixie Chicks.

Until next time..."One love, one heart.  let's get together and feel alright."  ~Bob Marley

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors