Friday, June 24, 2011

June 24, 2011

My 365...


How is it Friday already?  Seems like I was just celebrating that the weekend was here and it was Friday...yesterday?  Hard to believe we have already gone through another week, and are nearing the end of another month.  I wonder if time just passes more quickly the older you get?  That is backwards.  When we are young, time can't move fast enough for us.  "I can't wait to be out of high school!  I can't wait to be 18!, I can't wait till summer vacation....."  Now every day feels like a series of  "Yay it is Friday!"  So curious don't you think?

All the more reason to blog and take photos so you can look back and see what you enjoyed, or maybe what you might have missed.

This blog has become so important to me for that reason.  The older you get, the harder it is to remember.  At least for me it is.  I envy the older generations who can sit with you and recall every minute detail of their fascinating lives.  I love that.  For me, I have trouble remembering what happened this morning....lol  I do have flashes of memory here and there, but if there were a magic pill to bring it all back, I would definitely stand in line to purchase it.  With my luck the line would be very long and by the time I made it to the front I would not remember why I was there.  :)

One of my cousins posted some family pictures of a gathering they had at Brakenridge Park in San Antonio.  Those pictures brought back so many memories.  We used to have family picnics and birthday parties at this park, and daddy always packed our fishing poles so we could get some fishing done in the San Antonio river using mom's home made flour tortilla dough as bait.  I love memories like that.

That is why I blog my story.  Not for anyone else but me, and my babies.  I am no writer, photographer or professional anything but a mom.  A mom with a story that she never wants to forget.  This blog is a place for my children to look back and see what was happening when they were younger.  I sincerely appreciate this medium.  It provides secure blank pages for me to write our book. Thank you Blogger!  And for anyone else reading my blog...thank you for joining us.  Come on over any time...I will leave the porch light on.  :)

My photo of the day...

Casey was laying on the sofa with Ducati.  

"Hey Casey."

"Yes?"

*Snap*
"Mama'razzi strikes again!"

*** Doggy Daily ***

The queen of the camera.  :)

On a side note, Garrett had his visit with the Orthopedic Surgeon and felt it was a complete waste of time.  Without looking at the ER x-rays he confirmed that Garrett has a complete tear in the AC ligament and a partial tear of the second AC ligament in his shoulder.  Duh...we already knew that.  Gave him some pain management for a week, told him to take it easy and it "should" heal.  Really?  What an idiot.  Did not tell him to sling it, did not prescribe specific PT, and did not even look at the ER x-rays.  I called and requested a copy of the evaluation, and I am going to get a copy of the x-rays too.  I have a real problem with incompetent physicians.  Pfft!

That is all for today.  If I decide to cook something yummy I will update.  :)

Have a amazing weekend world.

Music I am listening to today...Harry Connick Jr.

Casey suggested the Ink Spots.  :)  My 16yo has the best taste in tunes!  (His grandfather would be so proud.)


Until next time..."Duct tape is like 'The Force"...it has a light side, a dark side and it holds the world together."



Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors