Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 23, 2011

My 365...


Good Afternoon world. :)

Summer is officially here!  Other than vacations, I do not understand why people get so excited about summer.  Blech!  The weather is dreadful!  Now starts the 4 - 6 weeks of pure hot.  *sigh*


The storm last night must have cooled things down a bit though, today it is not too bad.

Speaking of storms, we really enjoyed it.  Once the power was restored, and I was able to convince Blake that it was not the apocalypse (poor baby is not fond of storms), we enjoyed watching the lightning from the safety of indoors.  It seemed like the entire neighborhood was outside watching.  We heard a lot of "ahhhh's" and "ohhhh's", then a major strike would hit and all we heard was "inside, everybody inside!"  It was a bit funny.

Summer time is storm season around here and we usually enjoy that unless the storms cause wild fires.  It is fire season too, and living at the base of the foothills we worry a little.  Fortunately Boise has one of the best fire departments around, and they get things under control fairly quickly.  We do have many crews in other states lending a hand in their fires.  The National Interagency Fire Center is located here in Boise.

And now for today's news.....

Nothing new to report!  Which is a good thing.  After a few exciting days it is nice to have normal easy calm days.  The only stress for me right now is hoping that Garrett's Ortho appointment goes well tomorrow.  Jack has been looking into a transfer with his company.  So far they have offered him two, the downtown Boise location or the Eagle location.  Unfortunately for me...they are both in Boise so I was underwhelmed.  I really want Oregon!  Second choice for me would be Utah.  We shall see.

This will be the last free week for the boys.  I plan to start their summer class next week.  It will only be an hour a day, so they should not complain too badly.  It will be fun.

**Update**

Amber posted new pictures of baby Cooper, so of course grandma had to swipe at least one!  He is sooooo precious.  :)

Thank you Amber.  :)


My photo of the day...

Introducing "Larry, Mo and Curly!"  Not really...it is more like ""Ginger, Thurston Howell. III., and Gilligan."



 My doggy loves.  :)

*** Doggy Daily ***

"Uhmm mama, can you make Lilly hurry up please?  We really have to go here!"

"Patience boys, one must never rush a diva!"

Weather forecast for Boise.  Not too bad.


Dinner plans for tonight..."kowboy klops", my Jimmy Dean sausage balls dipped in corn bread batter and fresh cucumber tomato salad.  (I will update with a picture after dinner.)

Music I am listening to today...Wynton Marsalis.

Until next time..."Take two seconds out of your day to snap a picture.  That is a memory that will last a lifetime."


Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors