Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 22, 2011

My 365...

Happy middle of the week "hump" day!

Today was a busy day for me.  It was back to the doctor day, my least favorite day of the quarter.  I can't say year because it happens so often.  :P  I was hoping the nice vampire nurse was working today and not the mean vampire nurse.  The mean one always nags me for not coming in more often to let her take my blood.  She has that "someone peed in my Post Toasties" attitude that rubs me wrong.  I usually throw kindness at her and she does not know quite what to do with me.  It confuses her!

I completely understand where she is coming from, but I have worked in doctor's offices long enough to know that the last thing you need to be to a patient is rude.  I think I will send her flowers on Nurse's Day.  Maybe then she will stop being such a Naggy Nelly.

I took these great pictures on the way to see the doctor.  The views from that area of town are so beautiful, and the hospital always has flowers blooming everywhere.



The doctor said I am doing great, yay!  And nurse vampire was very nice as well.  Probably because I had Blake with me, as he can be so charming.  :)
Blake and I enjoyed a nice morning out just the two of us.

When we got home, Jack left to go check on Garrett.  He and Blake decided to help Garrett clean his house, trim the bushes and start some laundry.  Garrett's shoulder is causing a lot of pain, and if he moves the wrong way it pops out of joint.  Ouch!  

Thankfully he was able to get an appointment with the Ortho surgeon on Friday.  Prayers that it is an easy fix!

I get so frustrated with Jack a lot, but days like today show that he will do anything for his children. 

Last night I took out some bread dough to let rise, and this is what greeted me this morning...
Monster loaf!

When we got home I put it in the over for 20 minutes and made the most delicious flaky soft yummy bread I have ever had.  And the smell....heavenly!
Jack bought some baby bells and will be grilling them and stuffing them with cheese.

I made some shell noodles with Italian sausage and some baby bell salad.
With that fresh baked bread dinner was delicious!!

**Update**

Jack's peppers were so good!  He sauteed some diced ham with celantro and green onion, mixed with ricotta cheese and baked them.

They were crispy but tender and so tasty!



*** Doggy Daily ***

Miss Lilly my lap doggy.  She is much like snuggling a coat hanger with all her sharp edges.  But I love her.  She loves sitting on my lap while I work.

 When she is not snuggling with me, she is snuggling with Blake.  Poor baby, he was sound asleep before 7:00pm.  He had a long day!
 She is such a diva.
Music I am listening to today...Charice.  I love her story.

Until next time..."The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us." —Ashley Montagu

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors