Friday, June 10, 2011

June 10, 2011

My 365...

"Tee-gee-eye-eff"

Happy Friday!  It's 5:00 A.M., and I am ready to get an early start on the day.  Jack is off tomorrow, so I am hoping to take the boys somewhere fun and have a picture taking adventure for my blog.

A lot of good things happened this week, and life is just about perfect.  I love it when things fall into place, and everything feels right with the world.  That is where my mind is now...right with the cosmos.  It is a good feeling.

Since Jack has moved back home, we have experienced some growing pains, but for this past month, things are good.  He is more involved with the boys and that always makes me happy.  And when mama is happy...the house is happy.  That is simply the law of the universe!  Everyone knows that. :)

I had an interesting conversation with the boys today.  It was about language, more specifically bad language, and my dislike of certain words being added to every sentence.  

Personally, when someone throws in a slang word or just downright bad words into a sentence when conversing with me...they lose my attention immediately.  As soon as I hear the word, the conversation takes a nose dive off then end of a short bridge.  

"I am sorry, were you talking to me?"

Casey insists that these "words" are a normal part of everyday vocabulary for today's teen.  "Mom, all my friends talk this way!"  Well, too bad so sad.  I can not stand hearing the "F"bomb in every other sentence, and in my home, you will not use it.  I can understand the occasional slip when a piano drops off a high rise building and lands on your big toe, but just during normal conversation....NO!  Not permitted in my territory.  

So how on earth do I make him understand where I am coming from?  He literally uses the "F" word in almost every single sentence, and it makes me cringe!  Not to mention the fact that the use of bad language is a pet peeve of Jack's.  And it is so common with Casey, Blake starts to pick up on it.  I swear his first word was....well, I can't say what his first word was.

"Mom, I want to take driver's ed this summer."

"Cool Casey, I would love to enroll you in driver's ed son.  You must go 2 weeks without ONCE using the "F"bomb when speaking to me or your father.  If you slip up, we add a day to that two weeks.

"MOM!!!!"

"Yes dear?  Did you have a question?"

Sincerely though, if you want to be treated like an adult, I insist that you speak like one.  And not just an adult, but an educated one...thank you very much.

We will see how badly he wants to take driver's ed.  The truth of the matter is that at 16 he can wait another year to drive.  There really is no hurry.  So how badly does he want to drive is the question.  And like I told him, it is not about what the other kids are doing son...it is about showing respect for your father and I.  If those words upset us, than you should want to avoid their use simply because you love and respect us.  If you want to be taken seriously, speak correctly and like a grown up.  Please.  :)

My photo of the day...
Breakfast!  How do you cheer up a boring bowl of bran cereal?  Fresh fruit!

Doggy Daily for June 10, 2011

Miss Lilly is ready to seize the day!


Music I am listening to today...Train.

Have an awesome weekend world.  I know we will.  <3

Until next time..."The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and let it come in."


Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors