Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8, 2011

My 365...

Happy Mother's Day!


A good mother is one who worries every second of every day if she has done enough for her children. Always thinking of ways to be more understanding, more supportive, more patient, more loving.

A good mother remembers the morning feedings, the first smiles, first steps, first words with a happy heart, praying those memories stay strong in her mind forever.

A good mother knows when it is time to hold on tighter, time to forgive and when it is time to let go. This is the part I am still working on. Forgiving is easy, forgetting is hard, letting go is painful.

A good mother will fight like a wild grizzly bear if anyone tries to stand between her and her babies.

I know I am a good mother because even at 50, I realize I still have so much to learn about being a mom.

My Mother's Day started at 2:30am! Garrett called me to say he and Kori were going to stop by to see me. "It's 2:30 in the morning son!" He said, "We will only be there a few minutes mom, we are on our way."


They brought me the sweetest gifts! But even better than the gifts was seeing these two young people that I know love each other very much, working together to figure out this thing called life.


I woke to my sweet Blake holding his favorite Webkinz dragon, and a tissue paper flower, giving them to me and saying "Happy Mother's Day mommy, I love you!"



Casey is writing me a letter, I can't wait to read.  He said for "my" eyes only!

Then the phone rang, and it was Brandon, Amber and Cooper calling to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. After all we have been through, that warmed my heart so completely. To know that they have forgiven me for not being a perfect mom is the best gift a mother could ask for. Having Brandon and Amber back in my life proves that love is the strongest force in the world. And listening to little Cooper struggle with the mic to wish grandma a happy day made my heart smile.  He was trying to "nom nom" the mic.  lol :)

*deep breath*

When I was in my twenties I used to say, "I will never EVER have children!" Boy was I wrong, and thank God for that. There is nothing more precious in life...than being a mom.

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful moms out there!

Happy Mother's Day to my mom in heaven. Thank you mom for showing me the way.  I wish more than anything that I could share this day with you, but in my heart, I know I am.  I love you!!



Until next time...everyone has a mother to love, thank goodness for that!.

Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors