Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 26, 2011

My 365...


Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:30 AM

The boys are still sleeping and the house is so quiet.  I have a load of laundry going, dogs have been fed, and my day is off to a good start.  :)

 So hard to believe that another home school year is coming to a close.  Home schooling is a lot of work, but so worth it having the boys safe at home.  There are days when neither of them wants to do anything, and those days can be a challenge, but it is not difficult to turn them around.

The easy thing to do would be to send them back to mainstream school.  Then my days would be free and easy...just the dogs and I.  To be honest, I would much rather have them home with me.  It is so exciting watching Blake learn new things, and seeing them both develop into responsible young men.  I leave it up to them.  As long as they continue to do well, and continue to take responsibility for their assignments, I have told them both we can continue to participate in K12's online curriculum.  If they choose to slack, I will send them back to school.  The choice is theirs, and I think that is a good thing.

K12 is an excellent opportunity.  It is not traditional home school where you are completely on your own.  There is an entire staff of teachers and other professionals that help you along the way.  Casey has weekly online classes that he has to log into and participate in.  He has met some new friends through K12 so the social aspect of being a kid is definitely there.  Blake's online teacher is awesome.  We hear from her everyday to make sure Blake is doing well, and she is always available if I have any questions or difficulty along the way.  And they are so efficient too!  I signed Blake up for a language class this summer, and all his materials arrived by UPS this morning.

If you are considering home school for your children, K12 is definitely the way to go!

Back to work for me.

My photo of the day...
My early morning partner in crime.  Miss Lilly is always by my side.  This morning she is growling at the neighbor as she spies on him through the window.  He is working on the yard, and she is not very happy to have a stranger this close to her territory.  Her little growl is so ferocious...she makes me laugh.

Everyone has a partner in crime.  Mine just happens to be a Diva!  I never dreamed in a million years I would have a tiny little female doggy in my life.  I have always had huge dogs, and they have always been males.  This little Diva is the love of my life.  My special little bff.  :)

Music I am listening to today, Daughtry.

Until next time..."I sustain myself with the love of family."  ~ Maya Angelou


Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors