Friday, January 28, 2011

January 28, 2011

My 365...

I have this memory board/white board next to my desk, and over the year I have added old photos I have found in boxes.  It is great to glance over and remember all that I have been through and all the fun times I have experienced.

So many new adventures waiting in the wings for me as well.  It is amazing to me that I have been through almost 50 years of life, and yet it feels like I have only been here a short while.

As I approach 50, I can definitely report that a very new chapter of life opens before you.  They say some of the happiest people in the world are grandparents.  It is true.  But not so much because you have become a grandparent, but because there is a palpable change in attitude as you reach mid-point in life.  Your children are grown, or in my case "most" of my children are grown, and are now adults.  Parenting an adult child is so much easier than parenting younger children.  They make their own life choices now, not me.  That takes the pressure off.  :)

I still have a long way to go with Casey being "almost" 16 and Blake 9, but they have the advantage of a very seasoned mom. 

"My birthday wish for myself today is adventure!  My the coming year bring with it many adventures and new experiences."




Have a great weekend! Until next time...

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors