Thursday, January 13, 2011

January 13, 2011

My 365...

You know you are living your best life, when you can get out of bed in the morning, pause, close your eyes, and feel the calm that comes when all feels right with the world.

That is how I feel this morning.

That is not to say that my life is problem or drama free, quite the opposite is true, but my life is guilt free.  As a daughter, I know my choices in life caused stress and angst for my mom and dad, but they were my choices.  I was not setting out to hurt anyone, I was simply wanting to live my life for me.  My choices did not align with the goals set forth by my parents, but no path that I traveled was one to be ashamed of or one chosen to purposefully throw egg in their faces.  They were simply my choices.  And through them all, one thing remained constant...I loved my mother with all that I was until the day she left this earth.  That never faltered.

So now I am the mother, and it is my children that are choosing and traveling their own paths.  Perhaps not the paths I would have chosen for them, but I have realized that their path is not my choice to make.  As long as they remain true to themselves, as long as they take the good with the bad, and the consequences that may come from not so great choices, then as a mother I have done my job.  I see more of me in my children.  The independence, the courage, the sense of adventure.  The only thing I am not 100 percent certain of, or can not see clearly, is their loyalty and appreciation for us their family.  But I am confident that will come with maturity.  And I say "confident" because I truly believe it is impossible to pour as much 100 percent concentrated love into a child as I have with my children, and not have that returned 100 fold.  It may not come today, it may not come tomorrow, but it will come. If their is a heart beating within their body, it will come.  And this mama will wait...

Home is indeed where the heart is.  :)

And I have a message for a few mothers that I happen to know.  Your children feel when you don't love them.  Your children know, when you don't put them first.  And every day that passes where you put yourself first, last and always, is a day you will never get back.  You will grow old, it is an inevitable fact of life, and you will wake someday to find yourself completely alone.  Fix what is broken now.  Stop wasting all your energy meddling in my life, turn your efforts towards your own before it is too late.

The magic in growing old is the wisdom that comes to call.

"My birthday wish for myself today is confidence.  Confidence in knowing that I have always loved my children yesterday and today, and that no matter what comes, I will always love them tomorrow."





Until next time...

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors