Sunday, November 7, 2010

November 7, 2010

My 365...

This morning about 4:30am, Casey came into my room in tears saying "Mom, Ducati is gone!"  I was half asleep and immediately I thought he had another bad dream about his best friend Ducati.  I told him it was okay, Ducati is not going anywhere honey.  Before I could finish my sentence he said, "No mom, he really is gone and I can't find him."

I jumped out of bed in absolute panic.  Casey had let Ducati outside, and when he went to retrieve him he was no where to be found.  Someone had left the front gate open.  Casey had already woken his father who tried to help him find the dog, but they could not see or hear him anywhere.

I put my shoes on and ran outside with him.  Jack was already at the truck and they were going to drive the neighborhood to look for him.  We stood out there in the darkness, and it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.  We heard barking in the distance so quickly the boys jumped in the truck and drove in that direction.

After they left I stood there feeling terrified.  There is NO WAY Ducati can be gone.  This would absolutely destroy Casey, please let them find him.  I went back inside to comfort Blake and pray really hard.  The relationship Casey has with this dog is so deep.  Ducati is not just a dog, but Casey's very best friend in the world.  Through all the medical and emotional problems, Ducati has been the constant in Casey's life.  That dog keeps Casey centered.  Losing him would be like losing me or one of his brothers, it would destroy Casey.

I heard the truck pull up so I ran to the door and was greeted by none other than Ducati.  I have never been so happy to see the little turd in all my life!

When Casey walked through the door, he ran into my arms and gave me the biggest hug.  Oh my GOD the relief we both felt.  I wanted to cry.


 I am sure after this experience, Casey will never let Ducati out of his site again.  Nor will mama!  I know he is just a dog, like Dozer and Miss Lilly, but last night we realized they are much more than that.  These dogs are true members of our family and we love them SO much!

Thank God for happy endings, and thank God for the furry members of our family.  Life would not be the same without them.

My beautiful giving tree has lost most of her lovely yellow dress, but she has made the yard look amazing in a carpet of bright color.  Thank you tree.  :)


Until next time...

1 comments:

Shanna Russell said...

Oh my goodness!! I am so glad Ducati was found and is home!!

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors