Monday, August 23, 2010

August 23, 2010

My 365...

A sentimental old man, that is my husband.  He saves everything!  We were unpacking the last of his boxes yesterday, when he pulled out a Minute Maid orange juice jug that had been cut in half.  I could see two twigs sticking out of the jug.  He carefully brought it over to me as if he was transporting fine crystal.

"Now mama, you can not throw this away, it is very special!"

"Huh?" "Honey whatever this was it is obviously dead, just throw it all away."

"No! This is very special!"

He went on to tell me that the very first night Blake came to stay with him in his apartment, I believe Blake was 3 years old at the time, Blake created this very special rock garden for daddy.  The container is half filled with sand, and very carefully placed rocks with twigs for decoration.  Blake called it a rock garden, and he made it specially for dad to think of him when he was not there.  :*)  Awwww.

Jack has kept it safe all this years.  It now resides on a shelf next to the Crystal.  :)

Until next time...

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors