Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14, 2010

My 365...

The neighbor is sharing some of her beautiful color with me. One of her flowering trees hangs right over my fence. These delicate flowers look so pretty against the weathered boards.



It is hard to believe that we are half-way through June already. I have certification for one of my clients this week, and feel pretty confident about it. I am not stressed at all...yet. :)

I had a wonderful weekend and managed to get so much done. That is always a good feeling. I love this little house, it is so perfect for Casey, Blakey, myself and the dogs. And living on this side of town is so nice. We really love it here.

I was thinking today about everything that has happened in the past year. All the changes, all the problems that we have experienced as a family and I realized that although it caused some heartache, there has been a silver lining. I am so blessed to have three amazing young men in my life, I have grown closer to my older sister than I have ever been and love that we are able to talk about everything going on in our lives and grow from it. Really sincerely talk about the good and the bad and not have to worry about either one of us throwing a tantrum and running away...so thank you Cathy.

I have also gotten very close to my nephew Eric who is an amazing young man. He is teaching me about his world and sharing his insight on life. I have never understood what it meant to be gay, and although was outwardly accepting of homosexuality, I admitted to him that I really did not understand it at all. He is changing that, and I am so thankful. Not only do I feel tremendous and sincere love for him, I feel pride as well and that is amazing to me.

It is not about if you are gay or straight, it is not about if you are black or white, it is about who you are as a person and your right to a normal, safe and respectful world.

There are so many things in this world that need to improve. No one faith, no one race, no one nation has it just right. We need to learn to be more respectful, understanding, open and above all tolerant of everyone. I want to live in a world where my nephew can feel safe from judgement, safe from violence and above all feel the acceptance and love that we all deserve to have in life.

There is so much more to consider in our day to day life than what is in our own personal existence. SO much more!

And to my son and daughter who are not sharing my life right now, I love you. :)

Until next time...

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors