Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 7, 2010

Handle with Care.

This Ivy belonged to my mom, and she had it for years. When I met my husband she gave me a cutting of her Ivy and we transplanted it into a milk jug when we moved into our first apartment. That was almost 26 years ago.

Since then, "Ivy" has witnessed so much. The marriage to my husband, the birth of five children, our move two thousand miles across country from Texas to Idaho, hard times when my husband and I separated, my daughter leaving for college and each son growing into a man. She is still with me, this sweet old Ivy.

I may forget to water her from time to time, forget to move her to a sunlit spot but she forgives me and continues to thrive.

We lost mom in 2007, and I miss her so much. There will always be a part of her with me, just like this old Ivy.

Thanks mom, I love you. :)





0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors