Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January 26, 2010

My 365...

I am beginning to think I should call this week of my 365 "Nostalgia" week. Finding so many old treasures I had completely forgotten about has been fun!


This was my very first purse, lovingly created by my grandmother from a small wooden box. She decoupaged the pictures from an old greeting card, added the hinges, latch and chain, and I thought it was the most magnificent creation I had ever owned. Of course it carried all my treasures at the time. Now I use it for my sewing needles.

I believe I was 8 years old when she gave this to me, that would make the box 40 years old.

My grandmother was the most loving, creative and amazing woman I have ever known. She could make magic out of anything she found. :)



0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors